HALTON CLIMATE COLLECTIVE THEORY OF CHANGE
Who We Are
We will address the issue of Climate Change mitigation and adaptation for the community of Halton.
HCC is comprised of environmental leaders and engagers from: Conservation Halton, Town of Oakville, Town of Halton Hills, Town of Milton, City of Burlington, Halton District School Board, Halton Catholic District School Board, Region of Halton, University of Waterloo, and the Halton Environmental Network.
The HCC will be the leaders of the local regional effort and lead the transformation towards a low-carbon, climate-resilient community.
Check us out on twitter and instagram
- 2,200+ questionnaires completed
- 130+ charrette participants, including 75 youth
- 700+ people subscribed to our monthly newsletter
- 10+ youth stakeholders
- 2 weekly tweets, focused on getting you in the know #HCCDYK
- 1 youth-led event, geared towards reducing greenhouse gas emissions (Nov 2019)
- 1 residential greenhouse gas inventory
- 1 community-wide book club discussion about Paul Hawken’s “Drawdown”
Our plan will include individual and collective actions that are focused on hyperlocal greenhouse gas adaptation and mitigation strategies.
- Encourage communities to be more sustainable
- Engage in conversations with community to share climate questions and solutions
- Reduce GHG emissions in manageable ways to create a more sustainable community
- Devise a method to track and measure GHG emissions in an average household
- Promote climate action through community book club discussions about climate
- Build an online community to talk about GHG reductions in Halton
- Support climate action initiatives in the Halton community